Saturday, December 29, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
We hosted Baba and Boompa last night for an early Christmas. We were celebrating early so that they could go to Mass. to be with my stepbrother who is expecting his first child. The baby was due on Dec 26. However, just as we had finished up our meal last night, Baba got a call from J, my stepbrother. The baby was on it's way! This is a pic of Baba getting the news. Baby R was born early this morning just after midnight. Baba and Boompa flew out this morning and will only have missed a few hours of his little life. Welcome Baby R! I'm now twice an aunt in just a little over a month!
Friday, December 21, 2007
I think we had our icing a little too runny. AP ate more gumdrops than she put on the house :) She even put a few on that had actually been in her mouth, so those have a nice shiny sheen to them. C, in true C fashion, spent the whole time trying to get one window perfect. It was a fun family project, but I have definitely seen more well crafted ones!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Ok, so I was tagged a while back by Shea. This is a first for me, but I am usually one to play along. I am supposed to list 8 interesting facts about myself. Hmmmmm........
1. My eyes are actually 2 different shades of blue, but it makes them look like one is blue and one is green.
2. I still live within 20 minutes of the hospital that I was born in.
3. Both hubs and I grew up here, but our parents (some of them) have moved away. It's usually the other way around and the parents stay put while the kids move away.
4. I have 17 years of Church of Christ education (kindergarten through Bachelors degree), but was raised and still attend a Baptist church.
5. I usually try to avoid conflict (and I actually had a different number 5, but changed it b/c I didn't want to start a religious debate, hence my propensity to avoid conflict)
6. I don't claim to be a Republican or Democrat, and I don't usually discuss religion and politics :)
7. I have a tattoo.
8. I have had the chicken pox twice.
That wasn't too bad. The real kicker is that you are supposed to list 100 facts about yourself when you hit your 100th post, at least that's the way it goes in blogger world. This is my 90th post (I think).
Friday, December 14, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
We finally got our tree up. It had been partially up, we sort of did it in phases. The kiddos had lots of fun putting up the ornaments. AP took them out of the box then threw them at the tree, she hasn't quite gotten the concept of carefully placing them on the tree.