Wednesday, January 30, 2008
It may look like there is snot all over her face, but it is actually a banana yogurt/mac & cheese mixture!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
The kiddos, hubs, and I went to eat dinner after the run at Ruby Tuesday's. We are big fans of the Turkey Minis. This is what my face looked like while we ate. I got several "nice whiskers" comments.
Friday, January 25, 2008
C even got balloons so he wouldn't feel left out, thanks Nanna!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Who would have ever thought this would be ok, and encouraged by parents? The kiddos got these bath crayons in their stockings and they love them. It just wipes right off, too. Maybe AP will get all her wall writing out of her system this way. She has been known to write on a few walls at our house. Thankfully, we had the forethought to use washable paint. C never even thought to do that.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
We are off now to meet some of my girlfriends from church to work on strengthening our "cores". Apparently, that is an important part of training for the half marathon. I have a feeling I will have a sore core tomorrow!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
C was really excited to go. He is all about pirates right now,
but this is what he looked like as we pulled into the theater parking lot.
Yes, he is sound asleep, but when he realized where we were he woke right up. I was really surprised b/c he usually wakes up grouchy. He was really into the movie. I think this is the most attentive he has been in a theater yet. He shouted out to the characters several times. I thought it was cute. There was a pretty good message at the end, too. Maybe we will go on dates to the movies more often.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
Friday, January 4, 2008
1. I turned the big 3-0 this year.
2. I still feel like I am in my early twenties.
3. I turned thirty in Kazakhstan on our trip to get AP.
4. Our travelmates had missionary friends in Almaty and they threw me a party complete with a birthday cake. It was very special.
5. The most special part was my new daughter.
6. In one month, I will have been married for 7 years.
7. I don’t feel the 7 year itch.
8. I am a middle school counselor/therapist by trade. One day a week I counsel elementary school students.
9. I like middle schoolers better than younger students.
10. I dread the day my children have to deal with the middle school “drama”.
11. I really like Diet Dr. Pepper.
12. I have gone 3 years (in the past) without soda.
13. I have been thinking about doing it again.
14. Hubs and I are training for the half marathon.
15. We have only run three other races and they were 5 Ks.
16. I did run cross country in high school, but had much less endurance then than I do now.
17. I did it because my friends were doing it.
18. I also played softball in high school and then intramural softball in college.
19. Our intramural team was called “Orange Crush”.
20. I still wear the T-shirt sometimes.
21. I didn’t really want to go to college where I did, but I got a full academic scholarship there.
22. I ended up really liking it and making a lot of great friends.
23. I was really close to one of my social work professors. She inspired me to go make a difference.
24. Sadly, she passed away a few years ago at a young age. She never married or had kids. She would have been a great mother.
25. I did a project in college about providing resources to families who adopt internationally.
26. I had no idea then that both my children would be born in foreign countries.
27. I liked to hike, backpack, and camp in college.
28. I haven’t done it since then.
29. I got a perfect score in Math on the ACT.
30. I don’t like anything about Math.
31. I finished graduate school in 12 months.
32. I got engaged with 2 months left of grad school.
33. My husband hid my engagement ring in my Easter basket.
34. One of my best friends was in a car wreck on the way to my rehearsal dinner and wasn’t able to be in my wedding.
35. She was ok, I just had lunch with her today.
36. We spent our honeymoon in Cancun.
37. I am trying to get up the nerve to leave my kids for a long weekend so we can go back there.
38. We have never left the kids for more than 1 night.
39. Hubs new job has an incentive trip to Ireland being offered.
40. I told him that if he wins it, I will agree to leave the kids with family and have an “adult” trip.
41. We vacationed in Scotland, Ireland, and Wales with hubs family in 2006.
42. Thanks to his very generous grandmother.
43. She also took the family to Hawaii in 2003.
44. I love the beach, any beach.
45. I would love to live near the beach someday.
46. I like to read on the beach.
47. I haven’t been able to do that since having kids.
48. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult.
49. I just finished reading The Plain Truth.
50. I also like Nicholas Sparks.
51. His books are set near where my in-laws live in North Carolina.
52. I have 2 miniature dachshunds.
53. I love them, but they get on my nerves a lot of the time.
54. The oldest one sleeps in our bed and cries to be let out in the middle of the night.
55. Our kids sleep better than our dogs.
56. I love reality TV.
57. My favorite shows are Survivor, Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, and The Bachelor.
58. I hate to admit that I also really liked Rock of Love.
59. I think Brett Micheals is not ugly.
60. The ending was crazy.
61. I am addicted to Guitar Hero.
62. I don’t own it. I play my cousin’s game.
63. I started my career the last time I played and am on the third level.
64. My favorite song to play is the Pat Benetar song.
65. Hubs thinks the game is silly and would be a waste of money to buy.
66. He only thinks that because he’s really bad at it. If he were good at it, he would want to buy it.
67. I am a very competitive person, when it comes to games/sports.
68. I usually beat hubs at most things.
69. It makes him mad, so we don’t play a lot of things.
70. He will play racquetball with me, but has never beaten me.
71. I used to loved Nintendo, the original one.
72. I beat Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3.
73. After that, the games got too fancy for me.
74. I am having a hard time coming up with 100 things about just me.
75. I am a Christian. (that should have been higher up on the list)
76. I work with Awanas at our church.
77. I keep the 9-18 month Sunday School class.
78. We have been members at our church for about 3 years.
79. It was hard for me to find a church that felt “right”.
80. I had to go with hubs on this decision and am glad that I did.
81. I love to take pictures of my kiddos.
82. I spend way too much time blogging about the kiddos.
83. Hubs would say I spend too much money on pictures of the kiddos.
84. I like finished scrapbooks, but struggle through the process of making them.
85. I have completed 3 scrapbooks- C’s Adoption Story, C’s First Year Home, Our British Isles Trip.
86. Poor AP, I am not motivated to do her adoption book.
87. The main reason is that I have no pictures to put in it.
88. Our camera was stolen in Kazakhstan on the second to last day there.
89. Hubs was carrying the diaper bag and I got really mad at him when the camera was stolen out of it.
90. I don’t stay mad very long. I am a very forgiving person.
91. I do have some video of the trip that I plan to get some still shots from.
92. I always use too many minutes on my cell phone. We are increasing my minutes for next month.
93. I like to bake desserts.
94. I like to cook, but find I usually don’t have time or the right ingredients.
95. I am a Lifetime WeightWatchers member. I don’t count points anymore, just try to make healthy choices and exercise.
96. I really liked Michael Jackson when I was a kid. I wore a leather jacket with zip-off sleeves and one glove just to be like him.
97. Part of me doesn't want to believe that he has become what he has become.
98. I am a generous person and have a hard time understanding people who are selfish. I think I inherited the generous spirit from my mother.
99. I am blessed with a great family.
100.I can name 100 things about myself!