Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Birthdays

This weekend the kiddos and I got to be a part of a special birthday. Our good friends that now live ridiculously too far north now have 2 sons that share the same birthday. One was born Saturday and one was born 3 years ago and is celebrating this day in heaven. Since mom was sort of busy birthing his younger brother, the kiddos and I celebrated Duncan's birthday at his special tree.
There were actually 3 balloons tied to the tree, but as soon as I finished tying the knot to secure them to the tree, I looked up to find no shiny frog balloon on the end of the third string. At first, I was really upset because Duncan is turning three and deserves that third balloon! But, then I thought, you know what, maybe he wanted to see that one up close :)

2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Thank you, friend. Saturday ended up being just plain crazy for a hundred reasons, and it was a comfort to my mommy-heart to know that you had my back. And I told Seth about the frog balloon (because, sure as shootin' he wanted to know why you didn't get a green balloon!), he said, "Momma, I'm sure it got all the way to Duncan, and he left the blue one for me and the yellow one for baby James. It's all good." Gosh, that boy is something else.

And I can't get over how much the tree has grown....as have all our littles. I'll treasure these pics.

I can't wait to head south and see you all and hand off James to AP. She'll be in love. (He's even cuter than Erin....seriously.)

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I love how Seth was not concerned at all that there wasn't a balloon for Erin :)