Friday, July 23, 2010

the mystery of the neighborhood friend

Yesterday we tried out a new indoor play area that opened a few months ago. It was great! If you live near me, you should check out Peek a Boo Playtown. I think the best part was that there is a comfy place for the mommies to sit and chat without worrying that the kiddos are out of sight. I don't know about you, but I never relax at places like Monkey Joes or Chuck E Cheese b/c they are just too big. There are too many places that the kiddos could go or creepy people could hide. But, at PeekABoo it's small enough that I felt safe just letting them explore without me traipsing along behind them. And there is a lunch room for you to eat a lunch that you bring in. No overpriced concession stand-type food. They get two thumbs up from me, not that they even care or know who I am!
Anyway, as you can see, even the bigger boys had fun. They got into the dress up and were pretending to be tough firemen. There is a separate area for ages 2 and under. I had our little friend, Pretzel, with us and she had a blast, too. Here she is doing a little shopping.



The girls were right at home taking care of all the babies.

This chef tried to throw a tomato at me :)
It's been super hot around here lately, but the kiddos really want to play outside most of the time. We've been waiting until early evening to play outside. Last night AP found a way to secure her baby's car seat in her Jeep.
Now here is the mystery. We have lived in our current home for almost 2 and a half years. Just last month we met the little boy who lives directly across the street from us. There are only five houses on our street, so if someone is outside you can easily see them. Well, we had never seen this child outside or playing in the street at all until last month. Since then he's been wanting to play with the kiddos all the time. He and C have been riding their bikes together. He even watches to see when we pull in the driveway and then he walks over and talks to us. So where has he been the last 2 years??? I've talked to him quite a bit in the last month. He goes to a small private school in the area and is in the 6th grade. I asked if he had moved recently, trying to see if maybe he had lived with a parent who was separated or something. Nope. Yesterday he was out driving his go-kart. He drove right over and asked C if he wanted to ride.
I asked him if his go-kart was new. He said no, he's had it since he was 6. I have never seen it before! Seriously, so weird. I asked him if he rode it last summer, he said he did. Where were we???? It's driving Hubs and I crazy. It's like he appeared out of nowhere.
He's a really nice kid. He is really sweet with C and AP. He has to be at least 6 years older than them. I heard him calling C "little buddy".
Here AP is trying to explain to me why I should let her drive her Jeep on the road and to the other side of town to her friend's house. She promised she would drive "very careful".
AP took her first go-kart ride, too!



with our new friend who appeared out of nowhere last month :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

Yep, that is a little odd. Cute pictures.