Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Little Project

Last week I alluded to the little project that Hubs and I jumped into. I must admit I stole the idea from friends. Our best friends recently moved into a new home and while we were there helping them move we were admiring the faux wainscoting they had going on. Of course, when I see things like that I think to myself "I can do that." So the very next day we were off to the Home Depot to get our supplies! We thought it was more of a weekend project, but it turned into more of a 2 week project. We also used tools that we had never experienced before, like an air nail gun. I don't even know if that's what it is called, but it is hooked up to an air compressor and nails just fly right out the end of it and you think to yourself that it just might explode or nail your face to the wall. But we survived, and I think our marriage got stronger because there were a couple of times that we just had to walk away from each other! But we walked back and did a good job too! So, here are the pics of our finished product....








Oh, and there was nothing on the walls before. They were solid brown.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

AWESOME WORK! That stuff is not easy. I remember when we decided to install crown molding and purchase an air nail gun... and when we also decided to lay 600 sq ft of tile on our own. We had to walk away a few times too!! It looks great and is so classic. Way to go!

The Writer Chic said...

It looks fanastic, guys. Great job!

Allison said...

That looks incredible!! I can't believe you did it yourself. You want to come and work on my new house?!?!

Maria said...

I am SO PROUD of you. I cannot WAIT to be able to get back into some remodeling projects again, but I suspect we have another year before Ellie will allow us out of her sight long enough to do anything. :-) It looks great.

Shannon said...

tell A that i just want credit for making marriage stonger...because i have a feeling he was cursing me at some point:) Really, it looks beautiful!! Those corner pieces are really pretty!!!