Friday, December 30, 2011

Downtown Fieldtrip


Last week the kiddos and I ran a few errands downtown. We ventured to the Sec of State office in the Tennessee Tower to get a post-placement report apostilled. The last few years we have taken a little walking tour of downtown afterwards. This year we cut through the Legislative Plaza to get to the Capitol Building and found ourselves smack dab in the middle of Occupy Nashville. It never even crossed my mind that it was set up there. The kiddos asked lots of questions that I did my best to answer, but honestly I still don't completely understand it!


The kiddos weren't fazed by it a bit, they talked to several of the occupiers. AP even asked one lady "Are you going to wrap your Christmas presents in that tent?"! I quickly changed the subject!


We eventually made our way to the Capitol and checked out their Christmas tree.



An interesting afternoon for sure!
(C had pj day at school that day, if you wonder why he is in his pj's :)

No comments: