Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Day for NEW things

Today AP and I had our first playdate with just the younger sibling crowd. It was a little weird to be playing at a new place and exploring it without the C man :( Although, I am sure he was having way more fun at school. Have I mentioned here that he LOVES school??? I hope he always loves it. He is so eager to rush out of the car and face the school day in the mornings, such a neat kiddo, he really is. But I digress, today AP and I met one of her little friends that she calls NayNay. They are getting pretty big themselves. They carried on their own little conversations, copied each other, and showed each other how to do things. This is the only pose we could get out of the two of them!


We played right up until time to go get C at school. Then it was time for C's baseball practice. When we got there we were greeted by the coach that told us it had been cancelled. Since C was pumped about getting to go to batting practice, we decided to let C try out the batting cages for the first time by himself. I was a little nervous that he would dance around and get dinged in the head with the ball, but we had a long talk about the rules in the batting cage.


Although he only made contact with a few, I think he learned a LOT. He really sped up his swing and the time it takes him to get his stance ready for the next pitch. I was impressed with this since C is a take-your-time-kinda-guy :) He also learned the importance of staying where you are supposed to be in the batter's box. We will definitely be visiting again.



And last, but very definitely not least, the best NEW thing of the day....... my nephew was born this evening in Ohio!!! He is one healthy baby boy, weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz. I was a little bummed that I could not be there, but don't worry Aunt Sissy will be there before he hits 24 hours old!

1 comment:

The O'Neils said...

I was hoping to see a pic of baby T!! He looks about Presley's size! Have a safe trip!!!