Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Pools, Date Nights, and Baby Showers Oh My!

A few weeks ago we bought a little above ground pool on clearance and it was finally ready for swimmers on Saturday. The water was really cold, but the kiddos made the best of it. I really want to get an in ground pool, but this will have to do for a while.




Saturday night Boompa and Baba kept the kiddos overnight. Hubs and I had a date night! It's been a while since we've done that. We had a great dinner at PF Changs and then went to Zanies, a comedy club in Nashville.


Does anyone remember Stuart from Mad TV?


That's who the comedian was and he was pretty funny! We got home kinda late for us old folks. Then we got up bright and early to make food for people who are living in Tent City in Nashville. After church we shared lunch with them and our SS class sent lots of food back with them.

Then this afternoon I hosted (well not really hosted, just opened my house, the food was a shared effort :) a baby shower for one of my friends who will be welcoming a baby boy in just a few weeks!
And tomorrow is a BIG day at our house. C's first day of kindergarten!!!!!!! Although we only stay long enough to meet the teacher and see his classroom, it is still a big day. I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures to share :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

First day of Kindergarten!! WOW! I hope it was a great one!
I love the first picture of the two of them...they have identical smiles! :)