Friday, March 5, 2010

Double Threes

Wednesday I turned 33 on the 3rd day of the 3rd month of the year. That's a lot of 3's :) I had a great birthday that started with an IEP meeting for AP in which she was officially "dismissed" from speech therapy! I joked that that was the best birthday present ever. According to their tests, she is understandable 95% of the time. When she started she was understandable 59% of the time. And it's true, her speech therapist definitely did an awesome job with her. She will be retested this fall. At that time she will be four and the standards are a little higher, so she may or may not meet criteria to start again.

After that meeting, I got a call on my cell from Edible Arrangements and they had this waiting for me! Isn't that the cutest thing ever? My sister sent it to me and it was GOOD. I was told by C that since I'm his mom that I HAD to share my fruit.

That night we met up with more family at Fridays for a great birthday dinner. This picture makes me laugh, it looks like C is trying to choke me and AP is afraid of something!



Thursday morning was the big Fun Run Fundraiser at C's school. AP and I went to watch C and cheer him on. Once we got there, AP decided it was too loud and was a grouch the whole time time C was running. She cheered up when she got to run a victory lap with him, though :)


This is C and his pal E getting ready to run.


The victory lap
C made it around 32 times! He ended up being sponsored for 9 dollars per lap. That's a lot of money for his school!
Thursday night AP had her long awaited first soccer practice! She was all smiles and energy when we got there.

Then as soon as the coach started talking to her she just stood there. She listened, but refused to run around with the other kiddos. It was almost as if she thought she was too cool or that he wasn't really talking to her. I'm not sure what to do with her little self! Eventually she decided it was too cold and wouldn't even stand with the group. I have a feeling she wants to play just for the snacks and the uniform.... But, in her defense it was really cold. Maybe when it warms up so will she!



2 comments:

Lori said...

I love that picture!! AP's face in light of her brother choking her mommy is hilarious!!!

Glad you had a fun birthday and hooray for AP testing out!

RoadDog said...

Happy 33rd!! Pretty soon, you'll be as old as your old uncle.

Planning on swinging through your way toward the end of this month is that is ok.