Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksmas

What a wild, crazy weekend!
Some of my friends and family know that we left town abruptly last week because my mom was sick in Ohio. I just wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes for her. I was able to take her home Friday night and get her settled. She still has some recovery to do, but is definitely on the road to recovery! She had a follow-up appt with her doctor today and is doing better than expected. I knew she was on the mend when she called me yesterday while shopping online at American Girl :)
So, after we got Nanna set up at her house, I drove the kiddos back to TN through the night so that AP could be at her preschool Christmas program Saturday morning. Look who we ran into first thing!The performance was packed! AP did a great job, although it was difficult to see her from where we were seating. It was standing room only! She is really in an awesome preschool program. I am so glad that she is getting this opportunity.
Saturday night we went to Boompa and Baba's house for what we have decided to call Thanksmas (since we never actually celebrated Thanksgiving with them and they will be in Massachusetts for Christmas).
The kiddos got cool gifts from Boompa and Baba's trip to the Smithsonian.



We had a great night just enjoying family. Baba's nephew that we rarely get to see was able to come. He has a sweet little boy that is a year younger than AP. The kiddos enjoyed having a new playmate. We have decided to make Thanksmas a Boompa and Baba tradition!

No comments: