Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kyrgyz Sisters

The kiddos and I had lots of fun on our long holiday break from school. One of the highlights was meeting up with our friends who also have a precious little one from Kyrgyzstan, the same baby house as AP to be exact!

We met up at Chuck's, which I have to admit I have been a little leery about over the last year. The area that it is in has gone downhill quite a bit. It also gets super crowded and I have little bouts of panic as I try to keep my eyes on both kiddos that are constantly darting off in opposite directions.BUT, this time was refreshingly different. It was not crowded at all. I was able to sit at a table with E's parents and talk while the kiddos played the games around us and I could see them the whole time. It was so nice. So the key is to go midday midweek.

AP and E are finally both at an age that they enjoy playing together. It was so sweet to watch them interact. Don't they look so much alike?

AP can now process a lot more info about her adoption. She totally gets that they were born in the same country and were in the same baby home. She kept saying to me "Mommy, we're both Kyrgyzstan!"

I did snap a pic of C, too. I was so glad that he ran into a friend from his class at school.



When it was time to go, AP and E were not very happy! They both kept asking to go to the other's house. I promised them both we would do that soon.


Here they are plotting a way to get out of the parking lot together.
And this is when E put her feet down and said she wasn't leaving our car! So sweet. I am so thankful for the connection that these 2 have.

We get to see E and more Kyrgyz, Russian, and Chinese friends in just a week!

3 comments:

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

wow they really do resemble eachother. What a great thing for these girls to have that. Someone to talk to when older and want to hash things out.

Mala said...

So wonderful to see these KG cuties together. Looks like a good time was had.

...and I want a turn on that horse game!

Allison said...

I can't believe how big AP has gotten! We can't wait to see you guys. My boys are really looking forward to playing with Charlie.