Thursday, November 20, 2008

Leaving Superman and Cinderella

It is a momentous occasion! For the first time ever, I am leaving my kiddos and my husband for a GIRLS WEEKEND!!!!! My four best friends from high school and I are headed to Fall Creek Falls for a weekend of absolutely nothing. We leave tomorrow afternoon and I am ready! All I am taking is a good book, good food, and comfy clothes. Doesn't that sound fantastic? I'm sure I will miss the kiddos (and Hubs too), but it will be good for them to have some alone time with daddy. I did help him out a little by organizing their clothes for the weekend in separate bags for each day :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend! The last picture really did make me laugh out loud. Last weekend Shaun took Mason with him to Miami...I packed Mason suitcase carefully with perfectly coordinating outfits stacked together. He came home in blue and red plaid shorts, a long sleeved cream and rust colored t-shirt, with a Dolphins jersey over it. IS HE BLIND!? Daddy saw nothing strange about the look. So I told him- next time you are alone with the kids, i am putting the clothes in ziplock bags so you cant get it wrong. And here I see the inspiration hit you as well :)

Shane & Marie said...

I girls weekend sounds like so much fun. Have a blast! What a great mommy you are for laying out the kids clothes.

Jes said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

-jes

Maria said...

Oooh. I'm jealous. Have a GREAT time. Dady will do fine. If he's like Kevin, he'll venture out "on his own" for clothes and NO TELLING what they'll be wearing when you return. :-)

janiece said...

I'm jealous too!! Sounds like fun. Have a wonderful time--and I've found it's good for daddy to be the one in charge sometimes! (although the mess I find later.....)

Pamela said...

Most excellent! Since I'm a bit behind on my blog checking (been a little busy this week), this post is somewhat delayed as you're almost done with your weekend. Here's hoping your girls weekend was a total blast!

Pamela

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. That sounds like so much fun!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! Have a great time !!