Saturday, February 14, 2009

Best Dessert Ever

Last night Hubs and I went on a Valentines Date/Decision Making Date. We have been struggling for the last few months (what am I talking about...the last few years!) about where C should start school next fall. He will be in kindergarten next year. The hard part of the decision is that we have two good options. I can see the pros and cons of both very different options. We decided to not discuss with each other for the last week. We prayed, researched, and deliberated solo. Then we came together last night for a meeting of the minds. We have now made a decision and feel good about it!

So back to dinner, we tried out a new restaurant that we had a gift card for. I think the food and service were just ok. I had a glass of wine that had someone else's lipstick on it. But, I can easily overlook all that because the dessert was THE.BEST.EVER. I kid you not. It was a banana pudding cheesecake. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We will definitely be ordering take out dessert from them in the near future!
The kiddos stayed with Uncle and Aunt K while we were at dinner. When we went to get them, we were surprised by Valentines goodies that they made for us! They made chocolate covered strawberries and three flavors of heart shaped cookies. We told aunt and uncle we were going to have to leave them there more often!
Today the kiddos and I went to the park for a picnic. All they wanted to eat was the leftover strawberries!

(If you look closely you'll see my own little Punky decided to wear one pink shoe and one purple shoe...and my HannahMontana fan has her tattooed on his hand! I had nothing to do with either of those things)

1 comment:

Maria said...

So don't leave me hanging ... what did you decide about school????? And, I know where you went by the photo. So, was it good -- the food, that is?