Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some Days You Just Have To Be A Ninja

I have this theory that after twenty non-stop days of rain (I really don't know if it has been twenty, but it feels like it), children start to go a little crazy!!! At least mine do. They can only take so many days of not getting to run wild outside and expend some energy. We'll call it the cooped-up-until-they-lose-it theory :)

This is what I am attributing C's decision to become a ninja at school today to. He had an incident of "karate chopping" a friend during his related arts class and then "ninja kicked" a friend on the playground. Geez. This is from my laid back, non-aggressive child. When we talked about it after school, C said "I looked in S's eyes.... and I could see that he wanted to fight." Seriously?! We had a long talk about keeping our hands and feet and all ninja moves to ourselves, at least until we get home.
When we got home this afternoon, there were a few rain-free hours that we took full advantage of with a few friends. Shortly after these pictures everything was wet again :(

Popping bubble wrap is always fascinating! I kinda wanted to jump in myself, but they popped it all :)


They said they had to ride 100 laps.

How cute are they?? I can't wait to show them these pictures when they are in high school.

2 comments:

Amber Lee said...

They are adorable!

Oh... and Layla had to pull her clip Monday for chasing Jackie during carpet time cause she "just needed to run, Mommy!" so I don't think C's the only one!

Jamie said...

Sweet pics! Will be neat to see where they are in highschool!