Thursday, August 7, 2008
Blog Awards and Bug Inspectors
I was very flattered to be given a Brilliant Blog Award by A (she shares my name :) at Our Journey to Madelyn. Madi is just gorgeous and they are such a sweet family. We adopted through the same agency, but haven't been able to meet in person yet, maybe someday.
The deal with this award is that I am supposed to answer these questions starting with every letter of the alphabet and then pass the award on to other brilliant bloggers, so here goes:
A. Attached or single? Attached
B. Best friend? Hubs
C. Cake or pie? Cake
D. Day of choice? Saturday
E. Essential item? Diet Dr. Pepper
F. Favorite color? depends on my mood, could be pink, black, green, or brown
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears
H. Hometown? Madison
I. Indulgence? Grande Light Mint Mocha Chip Frappucino (it's a little piece of heaven truly)
J. January or July? July all the way
K. Kids? 2
L. Life isn’t complete without? Family and faith
M. Marriage date? 02/03/01
N. Number of brothers & sisters? One younger sister
O. Oranges or apples? Apples
P. Phobias? Not really a phobia, but I'm afraid of my kiddos getting sick
Q. Quotes? I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! Philippians 4:13 (I kept the one A had)
R. Reasons to smile? my crazy children
S. Season of choice? Summer
T. Tag seven peeps! (see below)
U. Unknown fact about me? It wouldn't be unknown if I told you :)
V. Vegetable? lima beans
W. Worst habits? running late
X. X-ray or ultrasound? weird question, neither
Y. Your favorite food? Mexican
Z. Zodiac sign? Pisces
Now for my 7 Brilliant Blogger Awards:
1) Jamie- I just met her in real life for the first time at the CWA picnic. Her children are precious. I just want to squeeze the cheeks of her little Kyrgyz cutie!
2) Gen- I finally met her, too, at the picnic. She has 2 little Kyrgyz dolls just months apart. Adorable! She is also a wealth of knowledge on adopting from Kyrg (2 adoptions in 1 year will do that to you).
3) Cherie- I met her last year at the beach. She has a very handsome son adopted from Romania and just returned home from Russia with a new little heart breaker!
4) Adrienne- She lives right here in my hometown and I have never met her. But, I enjoy reading the honesty in her blog. She has an adorable son from Russia and is in the process of adopting domestically.
5) JJ's Mom- I met her in real life this summer, too. She is mom to the adorable JJ. AP and JJ were in the Tokmok orphanage at the same time. She is also expecting another little bundle of joy!
6) Maria- She also lives right here in middle TN and we have never met! She has been to Kyrg to meet her little princess and is waiting, waiting, waiting for her court date and pick up trip! She is also mom to handsome little J.
7) Allison- She has two little cuties from Russia and just had her court date in Kyrg for a little princess! She will be going to get her in the next few months.
I read many more brilliant blogs, but those are a few that came to mind. Thanks again, A!
On to the bug inspectors. It is very rare that my two are actually engaged in some activity quietly by themselves for more than a few minutes. However, the other night they were enthralled by the dead beetles on the patio. They inspected them with sticks for close to thirty minutes! (Yes, I know that means I desperately need to sweep!)
at 8:02 AM