Monday, July 13, 2009

A Long Time Coming

Today was a day I had talked about and dreamed about for years. There was nothing super fancy about today at all. Actually, we all slept in and I did laundry for the first few hours. But after that, I piled the kiddos in the minivan and drove to the main office for the company I work for. Then I did it. I handed over a single piece of paper that will change the way this little family works in a big way. As I put it earlier today, I changed my initials. I no longer am a LMSW, I'm an SAHM! That's right, I won't be walking the halls of the school to talk to clients in a few weeks. But I will be walking my own little guy into his kindergarten classroom! The caseload I need to manage is right here.
And believe me, that's a full time job!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Holy cow!! Great news!!! You certainly WILL need to coupon (and will have some time to) now!! Congrats.

The Writer Chic said...

I was praying for you Monday, knowing this was on your to do list. I love the way you told the story of it in your blog post. Well done. And I know you're going to be a great SAHM -- even if you (like me) aren't "THAT mom." ;) We'll keep figuring it out together.

I'm so blessed God gave you to me as a friend, A. =)

The O'Neils said...

I am so happy for you! And I love the picture of you and AP!!

Lori said...

HOORAY for you!!!! (And the kiddos!)

I've been looking for a pair of red overalls for baby boy so I can FINALLY order something cute and embroidered! (Not as easy for a boy, I'm finding!) I'm up for other suggestions too!! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to order!!!

LaLa said...

Congrats...great seeing you at the fountains today. No, I don't know that I've seen your blog before but knew I could find a link on Maria's : )

Rachel said...

Congrats!! Such a huge life change. I'm glad you are able to do it!

Kami said...

After 10 years of teaching, I made the decision to stay home when we adopted Kaleb. Some days I think about going back because I love teaching, but being at home with my little boy is the best ever! It truly is my dream job- being a mommy. Congratulations and what a blessing to your family! :)