Monday, May 24, 2010

speaking of the weekend

Friday we met up with little E and her mom and brother for lunch. We met at McD's and AP was not into playing there. But, when we went outside she was ready to play! It is crazy to think about these two coming from the exact same orphanage on the other side of the world. They were never there together as they are 2 years apart in age, but here they are together holding hands in middle TN :)

Friday night AP had a make up soccer game. She had to play the entire game because they had just enough players there. She actually did it! She may have been motivated by getting to go to the carnival after the game.

Speaking of the carnival, I may just be getting old, but I think it was waaaaaaaay overpriced. For 18 dollars the kiddos rode this little car around in circles....

and then I rode the ferris wheel with them. We could have easily spent over fifty dollars if we had ridden more, played games, and snacked. Does that seem expensive?
However, the kiddos really liked the two rides that we did ride. So I guess that's what matters.

We were going to all ride the ferris wheel together, but the little boy in front of us in line needed a partner and C volunteered. I was so nervous the whole time that he was going to try to stand up or something. But he did great!

It was really really muddy in the field where the carnival was set up. I made a bad footwear choice, too :)

Saturday we were supposed to have 2 baseball games, 1 soccer game, and 2 parties to try to fit into the day. The first baseball game was postponed due to the mud, so we actually got to attend everything. First was AP's friend's party in the park. The picture below is not the birthday girl, but this is her friend that had been at the beach for the last week. AP had asked me every day when she was coming home, so they were happy to be back together.

After the party it was time for AP's last game of the season. To say that she was excited for the season to be over is an understatement.

She enjoyed the game, though. She actually got in several plays and tried to take the ball away. She kept asking the coach "is this the last kick?"
C had a friend there to play with. They were racing and wrestling.

After lunch and a nap we were off to C's baseball game.
The team overall didn't do very well, but C got 2 big hits. The best he had hit all season. So he wasn't too upset that they lost. He gave himself 2 thumbs up!
Saturday night my aunt and uncle hosted a BBQ Blowout to kick off summer and boat season. There was live music and the kiddos were showing off their dance skills.

They even slowed it down a bit.

Our friends came by for a while, too.

C took the stage to sing Jamie Johnson's song, "In Color". He says that is his favorite song. He sang the chorus once then got embarrassed. It was pretty cute!
So with all that singing and dancing, we didn't end up leaving the party until midnight and the kiddos were still going strong! However, our night was about to get even more interesting. Earlier in the day the power company had left us a message saying that there would be a scheduled power outage from midnight to 2 am. No big deal, right? That's the middle of the night, who really needs power? Well, we pulled in our dark neighborhood and driveway around 12:30. Then the reality of our situation hit us. Without power, our garage door wouldn't open. Neither of us had brought our house keys. We both use our garage door openers to get in the house (no need to tell us how silly that is, we learned our lesson). So we thought we had about another hour and a half until the power would be back on. We drove around for a little while, then we parked in the driveway and tried to take a nap. The kiddos had fallen asleep on the way home. But, after we parked in the driveway and the car wasn't moving they both woke up. We used Hubs cellphone as a flashlight and walked to the back door and tried to break in with no luck. The kiddos thought this was all rather amusing! Finally, we laid the seats down in the Pilot and layed down, but no one went to sleep. It was 3:30 am before the power came back on and we got in the house!! We all hit our beds hard, but then got right back up for church because 2 of our friends were being baptized. Needless to say, we all took great Sunday afternoon naps :)


Shannon said...

that picture of your foot was soooo gross!!! I had to go back and look at all the cute pics so I good forget that one:) The picture of AP and E was my favorite, i love that they are both here Middle TN!!!

Tapsalteerie said...

Ok... I'm totally laughing about y'all having to sleep in the car... sounds like something that would happen to us!

I'm not brave enough to go to carnivals... and yes that seems outrageously expensive!!

So glad that AP has a Kyrgyz friend right there in TN!

RoadDog said...

What I'd like to see is a photo of the wayward keys.

movie reviews said...

Cute pictures and a good ambience..Its really very nice to watch all of your photos.Please visit my blogs and hoping your comments blog is latest telugu movie updates

movie reviews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.