Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peachy New Year

On New Years Eve Hubs and I snuck away to Atlanta, just the 2 of us. This was the first time that we have ever left the kiddos for more than just overnight. We were all a little stressed leading up to the time we were to drop the kiddos off. They stayed with Boompa and Baba one night, then aunt and uncle the next night. I know/knew they were in good hands the whole time, but as a mom you can't help but worry about all the what ifs that could happen while you are away. All that to say, as soon as I dropped them off I was a lot less worried, and ready to have a little carefree time with Hubs.

On Thursday night/New Years Eve, we went to the Chick Fil A Bowl. We won't talk about the score of the game, but we had fun. (I have a few pictures from the game, but I didn't have my SD card in my camera so it saved them to the camera's memory and I have no idea how to get them off). In Atlanta, a giant peach drops as the clock strikes midnight. We enjoyed watching that and may or may not have already been in our pj's at that point :) It didn't matter how early we went to bed, though, because our hotel was partying, or at least our hall was, until 6:30 AM!

The next day we decided to go out and explore Atlanta with no real plan in mind. We first headed to Underground Atlanta. There was really nothing there that interested me at all, but we found some lunch and then decided to try our luck at the Marta system.
We successfully figured which train to board and rode out to the Buckhead area to go shopping.
There are 2 really great shopping malls there about a block from each other. We did lots of walking and lots of shopping. Then we decided to catch a movie. Can you tell we were enjoying having no real schedule or plans? We saw "UP In The Air". It was pretty good and a little bit sad. When we came out of the theater it was already dark so we decided to use our Marta skills to get us back downtown.

Here is where we stayed...just kidding, but it was decorated really neat and we passed it several times, so I took a pic.

Do we look weary from our travels? This was on the train back to downtown.
After we navigated our way back we went to the Hard Rock Atlanta for dinner. We stuffed ourselves then crashed for a long night of uninterrupted sleep. The next morning we hurried back to our much missed babies (furry ones and real ones). It was great to have a refreshing weekend away just the 2 of us. Thanks to our families who shuffled the kiddos around for us!


Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) I know it seems so hard to leave the kiddos for a weekend but couples need that! I almost feel guilty sometimes when we leave Mist and we have only done it like 4 times since she was born and she is 6! Happy New Year! Looks like you had a blast!

Adoptive Momma of Two said...

We try to get away for at least 3-4 days once a year. It's hard to leave those little faces, but it's good for the marriage. We went the furthest this year, headed to Seattle. We had a blast but it's always nice to come home to little hugs and kisses.

Lori said...

Oh, gosh!!! I forgot ALL about you being Vols fans!!! In any other circumstances, John and I would have love to have been there as well...because I like you so much, we wouldn't have talked *too* much smack! :)

Glad you had fun anyway!

Go Hokies! (Sorry...couldn't help it!) xoxoxoxo